The JCCA board's been shopping for a nice monthly meeting spot for a while now without much success. So how about something completely different?
On Wednesday, November 4 we'll gather at the Caddy Shack @ Rolling Hills Golf Course, 1415 North Mill Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85281-1205 (map).
I've been going to Arizona Yacht Club meetings at this place for 15 years and I'm a big fan. Why? Here's why.
If you like the Caddy Shack in November, we'll go back in January (in December we have the Holiday Party). I'm betting you'll like it.
- Casual. There's no James Beard chef at the wheel here. It's just bar-food easy, with an emphasis on burgers and salads (I almost always get the Greek salad). When you arrive, order some food. Or not. If you don't want to eat, don't. Yes, you'll get separate checks.
- Simple. No reservations required. Show up if you can; miss it if you need to.
- Inexpensive. You'd be hard pressed to spend over $10 before drinks.
- Quiet and roomy. We'll be the only ones in the joint and there's lots of space to spread out. We've had well over 100 at yacht club meetings and we all fit.
- Nice folks. The waitresses are terrific (tip them well) and the management wants our business.
- Parking. Lots of it.
- Centrally located. In the center of the metro area with easy access to the 202.